Friday, January 22, 2016

Paris Syndrome

I have a confession to address.
I lost myself along the way of "finding Paris"
Which was longer than just a semester
I set away on my adventure without realizing my foot was inching across my threshold
We all assume when someone speaks of losing themselves is always a bad thing, I say it's a good thing. Of course not in every case.
You have to lose yourself in order to find yourself. And in most cases, including mine, you don't fully realize you lost yourself while searching unknowingly. 
The figurative of this 'Paris' wasn't what I had expected. 
I found myself more and more addicted to the idea of Paris.
Now, Paris, the city of love and passion. I have traveled there and fallen deeper in love than I was before. With the tiny and narrow streets filled with the scrunched cars and broken cobblestones paved into the ground. 
The buildings were so close together I didn't notice that there were not any mountains to be found. 
I fell in love. 
But as it came time to leave I was saddened but filled with excitement as I ventured onto my next adventure.
Leaving Paris is not such a heavy burden. 
Other adventures await around the corner. 
And I am more than happy to greet them with a warm smile and an open heart.
For I have loved and I will love more and more. 
Paris, I still love you but now it's time to let me go and explore Rome, Greece, and the rest of the world's wonders. 

1 comment:

  1. "leaving paris is not such a heavy burden, other adventures await around the corner"

    UUUUHHHHHH!!!!! I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete